Automatic livestock waterer reviews
There is a lot of money involved(A good waterer would be in the region of $200 to $700 in cost) in purchasing a good durable Automatic livestock waterer .Therefore we understand the need for you to look up what people have to say about them.this is a life time investment,a good cattle or horse waterer should last for more than 30 years without it calling for a major maintenance or breaking down completely.
We took it to ourselves to get first hand experience of the waterers from the farms where farmers have already installed automatic waterers.
In order to provide you with the best review on automatic livestock waterers,we constrained our selves into researching on waterers from two companies only
And here are our findings and thoughts on Automatic livestock waterer.
We hope our automatic livestock waterer reviews will assist you in picking the best automatic livestock waterer for your farm.
Automatic livestock waterer
Brower MPO17E 17-Gallon Heated Poly Waterer, Red
- electrically heated and water comes through to the waterer already preheated.
- The supply line is already in the pipe,you dont need extra heating for the above ground pipe.
- Has a 8*14 inch opening big enough to fit large animals mouths.The drinker is also 14 inch deep giving you animals a normal drinking experience.
- Has a capacity of holding 17 gallons.
- Can feed several heads of cattle in a day.
- Its construction features a mold of poly materials deigned to resist UV rays and therefore last longer outdoors.
- These kind of molds are made to withstand heavy blows from the cattle.
- Make sure the feeder pipe is installed below freezing point to avoid water freezing in there.
Brower MK32E Super Insulated Electric Heated Livestock Waterer
- Made of galvanized steel made to last long in your field.
- A thick foam with an R-value of 7.14 per inch insulates this waterer . This foam (polyurethane made)holds firmly all round this automatic waterer.
- If you want an energy saving waterer,this one hits number one on this aspect.Its supper insulated to ensure the waterer doesn’t loose heat thereby minimizing need for constant heating.
- Most farmers said they have had this product working for them for more than 18 years.
Ritchie Industries Ritchie Waterers WaterMatic 300
- doesnt have gaskets so no cracking , being teared by the cattle or even leak
- Has rugged fountain main body
- Has a very big side access trough
- Sloping surfaces make it very easy for you to clean the waterer
- A good fit for a small number of animals
Ritchie Watermatic 150S Designed for Goats – Sheep
- You see the dome featured lid,its specifically designed to deter goats from standing on it.
- Its fully insulated to keep the water cool for long.
- Has a Low capacity with fast refill valve to reduce water wastage and refill the waterer when need be.
- However,a heating equipment is optional to keep the water warm in cold weather.
Brower MC32E Super Insulated Electric Heated Double Drink Hog Waterer
- Its properly insulated to conserve energy.
- Tow openings on both sides to serve two pens.
- Has rugged lids purposely made to keep out the dirt.Hogs are really dirty.Mud grates are also integrated to keep out mud.
- Has got a mold of poly material just like the waterer above this.
Livestock waterers non electric
What about a Solar livestock waterer?
A lot of sun would be needed to power an automatic waterer. Well there isn’t much sunlight during winter,so they “May not” be as effective as electric powered automated heater.
Livestock waterer deicer
Livestock waterer accessories
If you are not reaady yet to purchase an expensive freezeless livestock waterer,you ccould make use of an immersion heater for your stock tank or trough to heat the water during hash winter seasons.
How an immersion heater works.
It works by electricity heating up the circular part of the heater.The hot part then heats the water in your tank.
It has a thermostart that regulates the water temperature by warming it whenever temperatures have fallen to a certain level and switching off after temperatures reach predetermined levels.
Do not allow the livestock close to the waterer until the water is warm enough. Animals may interrupt the working of the immersion heater.
Demerits of an immersion heater.
You have to keep an eye on it if its not protected from interference from your livestock.This could be hectic especially in cold seasons when you would want to remain indoors.
They take long to heat up the waterer,almost an hour.
The unit “might” burn out if not properly submerged into the stock tank.
It might consume lots of electric power.
So,save up and buy yourself an automatic cattle waterer.
How to install automatic livestock waterer
Here is a short video to show you how to install a heated automatic waterer.
How a livestock waterer works.
The livestock waterer works more or less the same as the toilet flash box.It has a floater that activates a pulley to control entry through a valve of water in the trough.
The floater goes down with the water levels and opens the valve when it touches the bottom of the trough.When the water rises again,the floater fgoes up closing the valve annd switches of the water.
That way, your cattle gets fresh water always.
However,this kind of system depends on an a pipe connection to an external bigger tank.
How a good waterer should be
- Should be able to withstand hard farm conditions:The pounding on the waterer by heavy animals such as horses and cattle should no absolutely nothing to it.The construction should be hard and sturdy enough to last for decades
- Corrosion free:To ensure that its fit to act as a feeder to your livestock,the automatic anti-freezing waterer should not easily rust.Make sure that its made of steel and properly galvanized with steel to protect it against corrosion. Also place it on a raised ground to keep it off from livestock urine.Urine has got chlorine that may accelerate rusting on your waterer. Or simply purchase a plastic UV protected waterer
- Insulated to keep the right temperature:Should have some sort of insulation around its body to protect the water from loosing warmth and thereby saving on energy used to heat the water.
- Automatic:During winter,you would want to have a peace of mind.That is,staying indoors without you constantly going into your paddock to refill your stock tanks or troughs.An automatic waterer will save you the hustle.It does the work for you on auto pilot.
- Should have a release plug:Some waterers will require that you install them at a fixed position.this means that it will be impossible to tilt the waterer to splash out the water if it becomes dirty.A drainage valve will lighten the work of removing the water from the tank.Most plugs are positioned towards the bottom.
- Conserve energy:Though some automatic waterers serve their purpose very well,check out that they are not hard on your electric bill.Make sure that the manufacturer has indicated the wattage of the device so that you can do the math on how much power it will gobble.
- Easy to install and use:The automatic livestock waterer should be install-able right out of the box.Should have minimal installation procedures,or at least , the manufacturer should be ready to send an after sales handyman to install it for you is the procedures are complicated.A good company should have user assistance online and on phone.
- Warranty:Electronic components are bound to fail from time to time.Since this automated waterers are expensive,the manufacturer should have a guarantee of a longer period than one year.This makes you rest assured that you are making the right investment.
Well those are our livestock waterer reviews.Make a choice now.