Which one should I go for?
Strapless bra or sticky bra?
Strapless bra vs sticky bra, which one is the best?
Here are the benefits of choosing a strapless bra.
- Strapless bra come with silicone coating along the inside of the top edge of the cups. The coating is to enable the bra to stick to your skin. This sticking keeps the strapless bra intact on top of your boobs. The sticky silicone prevents your bra from falling.
- The strapless bra has boning on the wings.Boning involves adding horizontal pieces of plastic on either side. Boning prevents the bra from moving sideways. They also make the bra stay up.
- Some strapless bra have an elastic band at the bottom section for better support.
- Most strapless bras have an underwire for purposes of increasing support to your boobs.
- Always choose a hook and eye closure. The reason for this is because the hook clings on to the eye and holds your bra in place. Other closures have the disadvantage of coming off because the connection of the wings at the back are not that strong.
- The strapless bra also comes with additional straps that you can always attach if you want to convert your strapless bra into a strapped one.
- Sometimes if the silicone coating is not strong enough, your bra will keep on coming down. But if you choose your strapless bra keenly, you might not experience this.
Let us now compare the strapless bra to the sticky bra.
Sticky bras, sometimes known as an adhesive bra or invisible bra have their benefits too.
Here are the benefits of choosing a sticky bra
- You can wear it with a backless bra since they do not have a back closure. The sticky bra has a sticky component that covers the inside of a cup this helps the cups to stick to your boobs.
- They provide ample coverage of your breast. Most sticky bras have been designed to cover your breast properly.
- The sticky bra are also reusable, if you clean them well, you can use them severally.
- Unlike the strapless bra, the sticky bra Stays up and do not fall. This is due to the sticky coating that covers the whole inside of the cups. This means that chances of them coming off are slim.
- There are different designs for the sticky bra. Click here to check on the different designs for sticky bras.
- Some sticky bras if not properly washed, dried, and stored, you may not be able to reuse them.
Although these type of bras gives you the freedom you want like wearing a backless dress for a wedding occasion or even a shoulderless top, they have their own challenges too.
Some may come off when you are in an important meeting and have the embarrassment of fixing them.
Some may not stay up or stick the way you want!
However, if you select your bra properly, you will feel very comfortable in them.
Now that we have attempted to do a strapless bra vs sticky bra for you, it is upon you to make an informed decision on which one to purchase between the strapless or sticky bra.
Or you can even purchase them both and see which one functions well for you.
Other alternatives to the bras we have just discussed above include:-
- Plunge Bra
- Push-up Bra
You are spoilt of choices when it comes to a bra that is functional. You can click here to learn more about the four items in the above list.
You can also read this other post to learn more on strapless bra